Wernog Fach/Powos – 462 on the 1841 Tithe Map.
The tithe gives the following information;
House and garden 462
Meadow between the house 463; Little orchard 464; Field by the road 465; Cae twek 466; Cefn yty 467; Wain fach 468; Cae garw 469
Wernog Fach was owned by the Earl of Abergvenny, in 1831 it was occupied by Mary Lewis, by 1841 the occupier was Elizabeth Lewis, her daughter-in-law.
In 1851 Elizabeth Lewis is still there renting 8 acres at a property called Powos.
In 1861 Col. Henry Bird was leasing the property, the occupiers were still Elizabeth Lewis, the wife of John Lewis.
Ten years later Elizabeth is a widow. Living with her are her sons William, a woodcutter aged 41, and Thomas 22, also a woodcutter.
For any comments or suggestions regarding this item please use the Contact tab at the top of the page.